RE: SOAP spec.: HTTP binding

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:56:53 -0800
To: "Kevin Koch" <Kevin.Koch@realLegal.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi Kevin,

Before starting another major thread on this subject, you might want to
have a look at [1]. Believe me, this has been discussed a lot but the
major reason for doing it the way SOAP specifies is to not break HTTP.

Btw, some people on this list responded [2] to [1] - you might want to
read this too.

[1] http://www.normos.org/ietf/draft/draft-moore-using-http-01.txt
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Dec/0178.html

Henrik