SOAP spec.: HTTP binding

From: Kevin Koch <Kevin.Koch@realLegal.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:58:50 -0500 (EST)
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>> In 6.2
>
> In case of a SOAP error while processing the request,
> the SOAP HTTP server MUST issue an HTTP 500 "Internal
> Server Error" response and include a SOAP message in
> the response

This doesn't seem right.  It also causes problems for people wishing to
write simple soap clients.  Many HTTP APIs handle HTTP errors very
differently
than standard returns.  Depending upon the API, it is not always possible to

read the body of an error response.  Further, in my opinion, HTTP errors
should be reserved for actual HTTP server errors, not SOAP request errors.
This type of functional overloading, although well intentioned, is not
appropriate.