Re: text/xml for SOAP (and XP) considered harmful

From: Mark Baker <mark.baker@canada.sun.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:22:57 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
CC: mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp, xml-dist-app@w3.org
FWIW, I was the one who proposed using a "namespace" attribute on a
*/xml media type to Makoto, Simon, and Dan (and Larry too) a few months
ago.  Unfortunately, that discussion was held in private and therefore
not archived.  I also do not recall the reasoning given for its
rejection.

Though it's late, I wouldn't mind seeing this discussed in public.

MB