DR 122: Mapping issues

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:02:25 +0100
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Current text for DR 122
------------------------
              Mapping onto existing application layer protocols may
lead to scalability problems,
              security problems and semantic complications when the
application semantics
              defined by those protocols interfere with the semantics
defined by an XML Protocol.
              The WG may consider issuing a warning about the possible
problems of reusing
              non-safe "transports" like SMTP and others. A mapping
onto transport services other
              than HTTP will only be started if enough interest is
shown and time is available.

Proposal
---------
Considering that we will NOT be looking at other mappings, I consider
this requirement as a dup of DR 122, and so I propose that we drop it.

Jean-Jacques.