RE: ZNG - what is the long-range objective?

From: Leif Andresen <LEA@bs.dk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:19:52 +0200
To: www-zig@w3.org
Relation to OpenURL:
The scope of OpenURL is a search for one item = linking. You can see linking
a as special case of searching. And OpenURL is used for searching (refer to
Metalib of Exlibris). And there are overlap of access point to
Bath-profile/ZNG.

Long-range objective:
Let me take my question in an other wording:

 - The ZNG proposal is not for library-system to library-system
communication
   So: ZNG will not replace Z39.50 for system-to-system use?

Ray and others: Yes or no?

best regards
Leif Andresen