Re: XSL:FO Total Page count

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:20:29 +0200
To: Michael Symonds <MSymondsMaillists@epost.de>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
You wrote:

> BTW: What is this for a odd mail-list?
> 1. There is no security in the subscribe-procedure (it works without a
> confirmation-mail).

The list server does send an acknowledgement message if you follow the
procedure [1]. Maybe you have sent your subscription message to the
list address, in which case I might have been kind enough to subscribe
you myself (but didn't send a confirmation).

[1] http://www.w3.org/Mail/

> 2. This is the only mail-list (of total 6) where the reply-function of
> my mail-software (Forte Agent 1.8) does not work right. (At least it
> seems to me, as in the TO-field of the reply-message is the
> email-address of the sender of the email I want to reply and not the
> www-xsl-fo@w3.org what I expect)

Setting a reply-to field with the list address is discouraged in W3C
mailing lists, mostly because it can fool people into sending comments
to the list when they wanted to reply privately. I don't know about
your mail software, but it should provide two ways to reply to a post:
one to the author (called 'reply' in my case) and one to the list
(called 'followup'). Setting a reply-to field would make both
functionalities do the same, and one would have to edit the To header
by hand in order to reply privately.

Max.