Re: XSL:FO Total Page count

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:20:29 +0200, you wrote:

Hello Max,

many thanks for your statement.

>You wrote:
>The list server does send an acknowledgement message if you follow the
>procedure [1]. Maybe you have sent your subscription message to the
>list address, in which case I might have been kind enough to subscribe
>you myself (but didn't send a confirmation).

an acknowledge message from the server. What I mean with
"it works without a confirmation-mail" is the confirmation mail
from me to the maillist-server. Without this confirmation-mail
everyone can make a "joke" with somebody and subscribe his/her
mail-address to www-xsl-fo@w3.org. The 5 other maillists
I subscribed need such a confirmation mail from the
maillist-recipient.

>Setting a reply-to field with the list address is discouraged in W3C
>mailing lists, mostly because it can fool people into sending comments
>to the list when they wanted to reply privately. I don't know about
>your mail software, but it should provide two ways to reply to a post:
>one to the author (called 'reply' in my case) and one to the list
>(called 'followup'). Setting a reply-to field would make both
>functionalities do the same, and one would have to edit the To header
>by hand in order to reply privately.

Unfortunately the followup-funnction is greyed (not active). Forte
Agent is mostly a news-reader (e.g. with expanded threading features)
and only by the way a mail software. Obviously the software "assumes"
(wrong) it is not possible to followup a mail.

BTW: I guess you live in the United States? -
I ensure you our deep sympathy and deep compassion from every man and
woman in Germany for the *total* *terrible*, *absulutely* *incredible*
terror-attacks.

- Michael Symonds