Re: text-indent/last-line-end-indent and nested block-level FOs

Hi, Peter

You actually pose a very good question - what _is_ the "first" line area?

I guess it comes down to an interpretation of what is meant by "first line
area in a block area". In your example, we have the containing block 'a'
generating block-area A, say, and the nested block 'b' right at the start
generates block-area B, which is a leading child of A. My inclination is to
say that the first line area of A is the first line area generated by text
or fo:character content contained within 'a' but not in 'b'. And the first
line area of B is the first line area generated by text content contained
within 'b'.

So I lean towards the interpretation in this case that we have _two_ "first"
line-areas in this case, albeit only one for each block area in question.

I could also be completely flat-out wrong, but I don't think the spec
precludes my interpretation in a non-ambiguous way. A lot depends on what is
meant by "in". If "in" means ownership as opposed to geometric placement,
then since no line-areas in B are generated by 'a', my view would be
supported.

I'll be interested in seeing other feedback. Well, I saw Fabio's, but my
opinion differs from his. :-) But maybe he's right.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom