RE: text-indent/last-line-end-indent and nested block-level FOs

And, if I understand you correctly, this would mean that the text-indent of
the containing block (a) would apply to the line after the inner block (b).
The corresponding would hold for the last-line-end-indent, ofcourse. This is
actually how I would interpret it myself. What concerns me is something
like:
<block text-indent="3cm">
    ... <!-- Or whatever block-level FO -->
  I am the first "top-levewl" text. I get indented.
  I am the second piece of "top-level" inline material. I'm not indented.
</block>

Well, you can avoid this by setting the indent to 0, and it should be rare
with other block-level stuff at the beginning/end of a block (you would
normally surround it by some text), but I still want to be consistent with
other implementors.

> You actually pose a very good question - what _is_ the
> "first" line area?

This, ofcourse, can be generalized to "What is the nth line of a block?".
This is important when we talk about orphans/widows. Are line areas from
descendants counted when we determine how many areas to keep together?

Regards,
//Peter

--

Peter Nilsson