Re: markup editorial: <div class="p">

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:

> On 7 Jul 2008, at 07:27 , Elliotte Harold wrote:
>

>> I noticed in the source code of the latest structures draft frequent
>> use of

>> This seems silly. Why not just mark paragraphs as paragraphs? That is,
>
> The div element with class="p" is used in cases where the paragraph
> in the XML source contains a list or other block-level element
> whose HTML representation is not allowed inside of HTML 'p' elements.

That's not what I see. Instead I see the reverse, where an <li> contains
a <div class='p'>, where a straight <p> would be valid:

required
        to support for assertions has been eliminated; processors
        must support all of XPath.
<b>##definedSibling</b> has been
        added to allow a wildcard to match any element except
        one mentioned explicitly elsewhere in the current content
class="rfc2119">must</span> and <a href="#dt-error" class="termref"
shape="rect"><span class="arrow">·</span>error<span
class="arrow">·</span></a> have been
        revised to require that processors detect and report
        errors (although the quality and level of detail of
        the error messages are not constrained).

Possibly there are some cases like you mention, but surely here you
could use a real <p>?

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA