Derivation by restriction

From: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 03:52:09 +1000
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Hi all,

Just checked out the recommedation version of the Primer and I think I
may have found an error. In the section for restriction (4.4) it reads
(last sentence before the example):

"Notice that types derived by restriction must repeat all the components
of the base type definition that are to be included in the derived
type:"

However, I don't think this is true for attributes. Isn't it true that
even if you omit the attribute component in the restricted type the
attribute is actually copied from the base type anyway?
If this is not the case I don't see the use of 'use=restricted' for
attributes. This has also been discussed on the mailing list [1]

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2001Feb/0162.html