XML 1.1 CR comment response for Tang-02

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:18:16 -0500
To: ftang@netscape.com
Cc: www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-blueberry-comments/2003Mar/0001.html
the XML Core WG generated, discussed, and resolved the follow issue:

Issue Tang-02:
Noncharacters for the NameStartChar production

Summary resolution: accepted-in-part

Response
--------
There are three suggestions here including (1) a change involving plane zero,
(2) a change involving all planes, and (3) a change involving plane 14 (Exxxx).
We accept the change involving plane zero. We reject the changes involving all
planes and that involving plane 14 on the basis that these entail an implementation
overhead and spec complexity that is too great for the very small benefit.
========

Please let us know whether you accept our resolution of our comment,
or wish to have an objection formally recorded.  If we do not hear
from you within 10 days we will assume that you accept our response
(though we would prefer to hear from you in any case if practical).

Thank you for your interest in the XML 1.1.

Paul Grosso
for the XML Core WG