Re: Reasoner for DAML-S

Dear Daniel,
                      We at UMBC developed a working prototype for DAML
Query Language (DQL). We used Java Expert Shell System (JESS) for
implementing querying. This is one way of doing it.
1. Convert RDF/DAML files intp VSO triples Eg. (PropertyValue (p
uri#name) (s agent) (o Marvin))
2. Convert the query into corresponding defquery, fire and bind the
returned iterator to a variable.
The defquery might look like this
(defquery getName
(PropertyValue (p uri#name) (s agent) (o ?r)))
This when fired will return an iterator that will help you get all answers.

To find out more, go to the JESS web-site
<http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/>

I think you can do similar stuff in Jena. Have you tried looking into
RDQL. If you find that JESS is simpler, let me know. I have written some
code that'll do this for you.

good luck
mithun