Re: Reasoner for DAML-S

Hi Daniel,

I've successfully used Teknowledge's semantic search service tool (Agent Semantic Communication Service) for crawling DAML+OIL pages and querying the resulting database.  See:

<http://reliant.teknowledge.com/DAML/>

I haven't worked with it myself, but I have also heard good things about KSL's JTP:

http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/software/JTP/

best,

Mike Pool

At 07:40 PM 2/14/2003 +0100, Daniel Elenius wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I need to 'query' DAML-S files for relevant properties, and possibly to
>some description logic reasoning with the ontologies... I'm using Java.
>What options do I have? I know about Jena (doesn't seem to do it, yet at
>least) and XSB with YAJXB or InterProlog. I've also heard about
>CORBA-FaCT. Are there other alternatives? What have people here tried?
>Which would be my best choice?
>
>As you can see I am new to this, so any feedback would be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>--
>Daniel Elenius <danel698@student.liu.se>

Mike Pool
Information Extraction & Transport, Inc.
1911 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 600
Rosslyn, VA 22209 USA
(703) 841-3500 x632
(703) 841-3501 Fax