W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2005

RE: Agenda, 6 January 2004 WS Desc telcon [Media Type Description]

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 02:11:28 +0100
Message-ID: <99CA63DD941EDC4EBA897048D9B0061D0F676DDD@uspalx20a.pal.sap.corp>
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>


>-----Original Message-----
>From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] 
>Sent: Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 15:14 PM
>To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
>Subject: Agenda, 6 January 2004 WS Desc telcon [Media Type Description]
>
>
>
>0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
>
>See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
>information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.
>
>If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
>before the start of the telcon.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jan/0004.html
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
>[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>Agenda
>
>1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
>      Amy Lewis, William Vambenepe, Erik Ackerman, 
>      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Igor Sedukhin, Jeff Mischkinsky, 
>      David Orchard, Asir Vedamuthu, Bijan Parsia,
>      Sanjiva, Hugo Haas
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>2.  Approval of minutes:
>  - Dec 16 [.1]
>  - TF Dec 23 [.2]
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0025.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0041.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].
>
>?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
>?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
>                      table of components and properties.
>?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
>                      except the frag-id which will move 
>                      within media-type reg appendix.
>?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
>                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
>                      which talks about the syntax.
>?         2004-09-30: Arthur to add Z notation to Part 1.
>?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
>                      The Style property may constrain both 
>                      input and output, however a particular 
>                      style may constrain in only one 
>                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
>                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
>?         2004-10-21: Glen to respond to Tim Ewald re: LC9. 
>?         2004-11-09: DBooth and roberto to describe 
>                      option 2 (remove definition of processor 
>                      conformance, write up clear guidelines 
>                      to developers) (LC5f)
>?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
>                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
>                      of building the component model) 
>                      (LC5f)
>?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
>                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
>                      (LC54)
>?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
>                      rejecting LC75a
>?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
>                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
>?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
>?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
>                      and email it to the list as a response 
>                      to the objection.
>?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
>                      test suite for the purpose of 
>                      interoperability testing.
>?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
>                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
>                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
>DONE [.4] 2004-11-11: Umit to check on operation@style (LC61a)
>?         2004-11-18: DBooth to propose text to clarify that 
>                      a service must implement everything in 
>                      its description.
>?         2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
>                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
>?         2004-12-02: DBooth to draft note clarifying that 
>                      (a) optional extension can change the 
>                      semantics; and (b) that if semantics are 
>                      going to change at runtime, it should be 
>                      indicated in the WSDL 
>?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text 
>                      for the editors.
>?         2004-12-03: Glen to send example on feature stuff for primer
>?         2004-12-03: Hugo or JMarsh to write up schema group remarks
>DONE      2004-12-16: Marsh to follow up on telcon for Australia FTF.
>DONE [.3] 2004-12-16: Marsh to publish spreadsheet with Good Standing 
>                      calculations.
>DONE      2004-12-16: Primer editors to add explanatory text and 
>                      refer to the latest editor's copy of the spec.
>DONE      2004-12-16: Primer editors to check examples and make sure 
>                      they are consistent with the latest wsdl2.0 
>                      schema.
>?         2004-12-16: Part 3 Editors to update the HTTP binding with 
>                      one of the above versions of text
>
>[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
>[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0021.html
>[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0038.html
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>4.  Administrivia
>  a. Jan 19-21 Melbourne, Australia hosted by BEA [.1]
>  b. Mar 3,4 Boston [.2]
>  c. Good Standing proposal [.3]
>  d. Review of WS-Chor LC [.4]
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Nov/0014.html
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
>[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0009.html
>[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0029.html
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------
>5.  Media Type Description issues
>
>[.1]
>http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd
>-issues-c
>ondensed.html#detailList
>
>I classified the following issues as editorial - suggest referring to
>the editors to fix or return to WG.
>
>253 Normative/informative reference 
>254 Editorial Note uses table markup but no tabular data  
>255 Update reference to XML Infoset  
>256 Remove the use of charset parameter in example containing text/xml 
>257 Clarify the use of example.org and example.com 
>264 Add NS prefix to all occurences of expecteMediaType and 
>contentType 
>265 Update XOP reference
>267 Bad namespace prefix
>269 ContentType of media type
>274 IANA Media type token example
>276 Error in example 4 
>277 Add examples
>

Jonathan, 

Anish and I were working on all the issues today. The listed issues
above are indeed editorial. 

Among the ones that you listed for discussion for Thursday, we believe
some of them are misunderstandings, not necessarily design issues.  

Therefore, I suggest that we give priority to first resolving issues
that we evaluate several options for, such as 

260
259
266  

along with 272 in our discussion on Thursday. Can you move them up in
the discussion list.

I believe that there are small changes/clarifications to the spec that
can address the others. I will post our proposed resolutions for the
issues tomorrow. 

Thanks. 

--umit
Received on Wednesday, 5 January 2005 01:12:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:34 GMT