W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2005

Agenda, 6 January 2004 WS Desc telcon [Media Type Description]

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:13:52 -0800
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A50617FE69@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jan/0004.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Amy Lewis, William Vambenepe, Erik Ackerman, 
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Igor Sedukhin, Jeff Mischkinsky, 
      David Orchard, Asir Vedamuthu, Bijan Parsia,
      Sanjiva, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Dec 16 [.1]
  - TF Dec 23 [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0025.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0041.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-09-30: Arthur to add Z notation to Part 1.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
?         2004-10-21: Glen to respond to Tim Ewald re: LC9. 
?         2004-11-09: DBooth and roberto to describe 
                      option 2 (remove definition of processor 
                      conformance, write up clear guidelines 
                      to developers) (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
                      of building the component model) 
                      (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
                      (LC54)
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
                      rejecting LC75a
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
                      and email it to the list as a response 
                      to the objection.
?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
                      test suite for the purpose of 
                      interoperability testing.
?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
DONE [.4] 2004-11-11: Umit to check on operation@style (LC61a)
?         2004-11-18: DBooth to propose text to clarify that 
                      a service must implement everything in 
                      its description.
?         2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
?         2004-12-02: DBooth to draft note clarifying that 
                      (a) optional extension can change the 
                      semantics; and (b) that if semantics are 
                      going to change at runtime, it should be 
                      indicated in the WSDL 
?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text 
                      for the editors.
?         2004-12-03: Glen to send example on feature stuff for primer
?         2004-12-03: Hugo or JMarsh to write up schema group remarks
DONE      2004-12-16: Marsh to follow up on telcon for Australia FTF.
DONE [.3] 2004-12-16: Marsh to publish spreadsheet with Good Standing 
                      calculations.
DONE      2004-12-16: Primer editors to add explanatory text and 
                      refer to the latest editor's copy of the spec.
DONE      2004-12-16: Primer editors to check examples and make sure 
                      they are consistent with the latest wsdl2.0 
                      schema.
?         2004-12-16: Part 3 Editors to update the HTTP binding with 
                      one of the above versions of text

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0021.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0038.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Jan 19-21 Melbourne, Australia hosted by BEA [.1]
  b. Mar 3,4 Boston [.2]
  c. Good Standing proposal [.3]
  d. Review of WS-Chor LC [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Nov/0014.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0009.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0029.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Media Type Description issues

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#detailList

I classified the following issues as editorial - suggest referring to
the editors to fix or return to WG.

253 Normative/informative reference 
254 Editorial Note uses table markup but no tabular data  
255 Update reference to XML Infoset  
256 Remove the use of charset parameter in example containing text/xml 
257 Clarify the use of example.org and example.com 
264 Add NS prefix to all occurences of expecteMediaType and contentType 
265 Update XOP reference
267 Bad namespace prefix
269 ContentType of media type
274 IANA Media type token example
276 Error in example 4 
277 Add examples


------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Issue 272 Architectural issues [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0011.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Issue 268 Interop problems with Accept HTTP header [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x268

------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Issue 271 Why is contentType attribute required? [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x271

------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Issue 266 How to distinguish between hexBinary and base64Binary in
the absence of XML schema [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x266

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 260 Allow expectedMediaType to specify any XML document [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x260

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 259 Production rules for expectedMediaType [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x259

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 261 Allow expecteMediaType to contain '*' [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x261

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 262 Value of contentType and the range specified by
expectedMediaType [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x262

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 263 Lexical and value space of the attributes and XML schema
decl [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x263

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 258 Namespace name too long and had dates  [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x258

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 270 Normalization for content-type strings [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x270

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 273 Whitespace significance [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x273

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue 275 Error in example 1 [.1]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues-c
ondensed.html#x275
Received on Tuesday, 4 January 2005 23:13:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:34 GMT