W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2005

Agenda, 10 February 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:27:27 -0800
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5067A8817@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Feb/0012.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Bijan Parsia, Sanjiva Weerawarana, Jacek Kopecky,
      Prasad Yendluri, David Booth, Kevin Liu, Youenn Fablet, 
      Glen Daniels, Roberto Chinnici, Allen Brookes, Adi Sakala

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Feb 3 [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/att-0013/2005020
3-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?) 
?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
                      of building the component model) 
                      (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
                      (LC54)
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
                      rejecting LC75a
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
                      and email it to the list as a response 
                      to the objection.
?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
                      test suite for the purpose of 
                      interoperability testing.
?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
?         2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text 
                      for the editors.
?         2004-12-03: Glen to send example on feature stuff for primer
?         2004-12-16: Part 3 Editors to update the HTTP binding with 
                      one of the above versions of text
?         2005-01-06: MTD Editors to add note saying content-type
                      is not sufficient, information to be 
                      provided via other mechanism, for 
                      example xsi:type"
?         2005-01-06: MTD editors implement proposal 2 for issue 
                      260.
?         2005-01-06: Umit? to respond to Larry, "not dynamic, 
                      other solutions equally bad, not 
                      recommendation track, if problems
                      happy to consider those"
?         2005-01-13: Editors of media type doc to 
                      implement issue 261 resolution
?         2005-01-13: Editors of media type doc to 
                      implement issue 262 resolution
?         2005-01-13: Editors of media type doc to 
                      implement 262 and 273
?         2005-01-13: Editors of media type doc to 
                      incorporate the text at 2004Dec/0022.html
?         2005-01-13: Editors of media type doc to 
                      resolve 275 editorially 
?         2005-01-13: Umit to reply to issuer 270
?         2005-01-13: Umit to respond to Ian Hickson 
                      about issue 271
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to call out the difference 
                      between WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 in respect to 
                      single interface per service, and 
                      indicate alternatives
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to rewrite ONMR as Best practice.
?         2005-01-19: Hugo to write a proposal for adding 
                      an optional Action attribute in line 
                      with WS Addressing (LC84b)
?         2005-01-19: Arthur and Asir to look for more edge cases 
                      ref LC20 and LC27.
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to add the intersection 
                      rule for f&p composition.
?         2005-01-20: Asir to think about mU and possibly 
                      propose some clarification text
?         2005-01-20: Arthur to come up with primer text 
                      to show fault reuse and fault code.
?         2005-02-03: Marsh make Jan 0008 issue LC103 and close it.
?         2005-02-03: Members who have recently raised issues 
                      should check that these were reflected in 
                      the issues list.
?         2005-02-03: Marsh to find schemaLocation supporting 
                      material for Arthur.
?         2005-02-03: Marsh to add RDF mapping to agenda, try 
                      to recruit Jacek.
?         2005-02-03: Asir to work with primer eds on SOAP 1.1
                      example.
?         2005-02-03: Part 1 editors to incorporate text from 
                      Jan/0026 and Feb/0006.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Mar 3,4 Boston [.1]
  b. Test Suite officially open for business! [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0020.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Primer [.1]
 - DBooth and Kevin solicit help for Advanced Topics section [.2]
 - Volunteers for the following sections:
   + Section 7.5 Versioning and Service Equivalency (Paul)
   + Section 7.6 MTOM Support (Marsh)
   + Section 7.11 Service References (Arthur)
   + Section 7.12 XML Schema Examples  (Paul)
   + Section 7.13 Multiple In-Line Schemas (Arthur)
   + Section 7.14 The schemaLocation Attribute (Arthur)
 - Sections marked as "at risk" if no volunteer can be found:
   + Section 7.2 Features and Properties
   + Section 7.3 Import mechanism and authoring style
   + Section 7.4 Multiple Logical WSDL Documents Describing the 
                 Same Service
   + Section 7.7 Security Considerations
   + Section 7.8 Operation Style and RPC
   + Section 7.15 Mapping to RDF and Semantic Web

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.ht
ml
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0004.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Media Type Description issues [.1]
 a. Issue 272 Architectural issues [.2]
    - Awaiting more examples from Henry.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#detailList
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0011.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - Component name consistency [.3] (Editorial?)
  - Reference to WS-A from ONM [.4] (Editorial?)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0088.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0029.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0026.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Media Type Registration [.1]
  - Editorial work needed [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0015.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0016.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance
                issues (f) [.1]
  - Roberto's proposal [.2]
  - No final resolution from FTF, AIs to DBooth/Roberto and DaveO 
    to write up competing proposals
  - DBooth/Roberto's proposal [.3]
  - Mini-TF to work on a single proposal (stalled out).  Want to see
    whether we're still waiting for an alternative proposal before
    deciding the issue.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0027.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0099.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Component model changes
  - LC104: Proposed Changes to the Interface Component, Features 
           and Properties [.1]
  - See if this proposal is non-contentious.
  - LC105: Proposal for Simplifications to the Component Model [.2]
  - Arthur's modification to the LC105 proposal [.3]
  - Need to decide whether to allow "property" extensions at the 
    top level.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0060.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0056.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0066.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 76d: First class support for headers [.1]
  - DaveO's v1.2 Headers proposal from Jan FTF. [.2]
  - Asir's proposal for a first-class header support, elements [.3]
  - Asir's proposal for a first-class header support, types [.4]
  - Asir's proposal for SOAP-specific header support [.5]
  - subissue a: mandatory mustUnderstand [.6]
  - subissue b: MUST if possible [.6] (Editorial?)
  - subissue c: Use Schema for versioning, not SOAP headers [.6]
  - subissue d: Wrapper type can't be validated[.6]
  - subissue e: mismatched feature/modules [.7]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC76d
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0040.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/att-0019/first-c
lass-headers-A.html
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/att-0019/first-c
lass-headers-B.html
[.5]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/att-0094/soap-he
ader-blocks.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0009.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0018.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC74: Idle question [.1]
  - Can WSDL 2.0 import WSDL 1.0?
  - Note that the resolution to LC5e [.2] defines WSDL Document as 
    WSDL 2.0 namespace.
  - Options:
    a) No.  Spec (with LC5e resolution) is clear enough.
    b) No.  Specifically note that i*ing 1.1 docs is not supported.
    c) Yes.  Change spec to define that this is possible, though
       how to turn a WSDL 1.1 doc into WSDL 2.0 components is not
       defined.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC5e
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC54: WSDL Last Call issue
  - Awaiting DaveO's further action to cast @compatibleWith as an
    extension

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC54

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.1]
  - Relax requirement that include href must be dereferencable.

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Other issues if time allows (ha!)
Received on Wednesday, 9 February 2005 22:27:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:35 GMT