Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNamespace?

From: Jeehong Min <jeehongm@parasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:48:03 +0000
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I would appreciate it if you could address the following issue that I have seen in WSDLs of 2 customers in the past month.

One vendor's SOAP stack is creating WSDLs with multiple inline schemas that have the same namespace.

Here's an example:
<wsdl:definition>
<wsdl:types>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="a">
types and elements
</xs:schema>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="a">
different types and elements
</xs:schema>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="b">
whatever
</xs:schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:definition>

It's not clear to me whether the above is legal or not (two schemas with the same targetNamespace="a").  Should XML parsers for WSDL be smart enough to handle the above?  Or should parsers report errors?

--
Jeehong Min
Software Engineer

"We Make Software Work"