RE: Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNamespace?

Hi Pete:

Well, sure that would be easy, but I think this is the exact same
problem as if you had:

WSDL:
<wsdl:definitions>
 <wsdl:types>
  <wsdl:include location="xsd1"/>
 </wsdl:types>
</wsdl:definitions>

XSD1:
<xs:schema>
 <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:int"/>
 <xs:include location="xsd2"/>
<xs:schema>

XSD2:
<xs:schema>
 <xs:element name="bar" type="xs:float"/>
</xs:schema>

This wouldn't trigger your case below, but it would still result in a
"merged" schema, wouldn't it?  And if you replace "bar" in XSD2 with
"foo", you get a conflict which needs to somehow be resolved.  I think
this should have already been dealt with by the schema group, but a
cursory search hasn't yet netted me anything.  I glanced through the
somewhat dense text of
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#compound-schema, but didn't see any
obvious statement about what to do if components are redefined without
an explicit <redefine> tag.

Rather than disallowing it, I think we should simply treat it as a
synonym for including the two <schema> elements, and simply be clear on
how that should resolve, with guidance from the schema WG as David
suggested.

--Glen