Implementation of the resolution to LC29e

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:18:14 +0200
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
While I was trying to implement the resolution to LC29e[1], I realized
that our resolution wasn't complete, at least as described in our

First, we decided to:

  Add as 1st bullet of that it is an error for instance
  documents to have elements with xsi:nil=true.

The problem of nil elements shows up both:
- when the element is cited in {http location} (
- when the element is serialized in the URI as query parameters

Therefore I think that this information needs to be pointed out in
both and

Second, we decided to:

  Change first bullet of section to say "Uncited non-nil
  elements with a possibly empty single value are serialized ..."

Here again, I think that the problem of empty elements applies in both
cases, so this change should be made in both and

  1. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29e
  2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0037.html
Hugo Haas - W3C