WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 mapping

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:23:56 -0000
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

one of the more difficult questions i'm being asked at the moment
is how we will migrate from our WSDL 1.1 documents into WSDL 2.0
when it arrives.

This task would be vastly simplified if there was a standard mapping
between the two languages, with an indication of which WSDL 1.1 features
cannot be expressed in WSDL 1.1 and vice-versa.

Given we now have a nice component model for WSDL 2.0, is it feasible
to provided WSDL 1.1 serialisation and deserialisation for WSDL 2.0 ?
If so, could this be written up as a W3C note under this WG ?

Paul

--
Paul Sumner Downey
Web Services Integration