 From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
 Sent: Tue 23/03/2004 01:37
 To: Downey,PS,Paul,XSJ67A C; ryman@ca.ibm.com
 Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org; www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
 Subject: Re: WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 mapping

 There is already a non-normative, but rather empty, appendix
 on this topic. I intend to work on it sometime in the future .. I agree
 that indicating how to go from WSDL 1.1 to 2.0 is crucial.

 Furthermore, I'd like to write a separate document (to be published
 as a note if the WG wishes to or I can publish it on IBM developerWorks
 say) which defines a WSDL 2.0 compatible profile of WSDL 1.1. I'm
 certain that can be written as a subset of the BP 1.0 profile of WSDL 1.1.
 If that can be achieved then we should be encouraging people to stay
 within that profile so that moving up to WSDL 2.0 becomes mechanical.
 (I intend to write an XSLT transformation for that profile; interested
 parties
 can easily extend that profile for greater WSDL 1.1 coverage.)

 Sanjiva.