RE: WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 mapping

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:40:25 -0000
To: <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc-request@w3.org>
Hmm ..thanks!

I guess it won't be a good fit going WSDL 2.0 to 1.1, but then documenting what's
different is going to be very useful info.

Our biggest concern is in migrating our existing services, WSDL 1.1 to 2.0 and i'm
prepared to accept that might not be a good fit either - you mention SOAP encoding
and i immediately thought of operator overloading and i guess there are going to be
a metric tonne of other issues.

I don't want to bog the WG with a load more to think about, but given this is something
i'm sure i'm not alone in having to think about, I'd ideally like the backing and support
of this WG.

This might provide a good validation for our spec as well as providing a good source
of lots of existing real-world test cases!

Paul