Re: Issue 115

It depends on what you mean by "change".  If you mean that an optional
extension may ADD to the existing semantics without invalidating them, then
I agree.  However, many people will take the word "change" to mean that an
optional extension may invalidate the semantics of something else in the
document.  We need to be clear that an optional extension does NOT
invalidate the semantics of anything in the WSDL document.  That's why it's
optional.  A mandatory extension MAY invalidate the semantics of something
in the WSDL document.  That's why you MUST understand it in order to
understand the document as a whole.  This is what section 6.1.1 tries to
express.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard