Re: Issue 115

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:07:07 -0500
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I think the second sentence adds more confusion than clarification, because
it doesn't distinguish optional extensions from mandatory extensions.  The
second sentence was:
The presence of extensibility elements and attributes MAY therefore change
the semantics of a WSDL document.

I think it would be better to rename the title of 6.3 to "Extensibility and
the Component Model" and delete the second sentence, such that 6.3 reads only:

6.3 Extensibility and the Component Model

As indicated above, it is expected that the presence of extensibility
elements and attributes will result in additional properties appearing in
the component model.

At 10:43 AM 3/15/2004 -0800, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

>The text added so far is at [1].  If this proves adequate, we can
>reassign this issue to part three while awaiting changes there.

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard
Telephone: +1.617.253.1273