RE: WSD charter goal: Simplicity

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:04:38 -0800
To: "'Sanjiva Weerawarana'" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, "'Tom Jordahl'" <tomj@macromedia.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

The chair put the question for "major" comments in early december.  Also,
there is an AC review of the charter happening.

> I'm shocked to see BEA raise all these concerns now when it has
> been a member of the WG for quite a while. We've worked hard on
> this language for nearly 2 years; its not time to rip all out and
> go do a bunch of new things. Sorry.

We haven't been in the WG for quite a while.  We joined only after we saw
the chair call for "major" comments.  I had attended a few meetings as an
observer.  In less than 2 months after we joined, we did a full review of
the spec, prior to any offical Last Call period and as the chair requested
for "major" comments.  I would have thought you would have appreciated
interest and contributions.

Cheers,
Dave