RE: Optional Extensions

From: Liu, Kevin <kevin.liu@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:18:40 +0100
To: "'Prasad Yendluri'" <pyendluri@webmethods.com>, Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Cc: Web Services Description <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I see the value of both sides of the argument. From the service perspective, assurance of backward compatibility is desireable(non-required extension will not break its current clients); from the service users perspective, it maybe a good thing to be at least warned that some not-understandable optional extension is encountered.

In stead of saying that the processor MUST *ignore* the not-understandable optional extension, would it be better to say that the process MUST NOT fault?

Best Regards,
Kevin