Editorial: Issue 177 Implementation

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:22:39 -0700
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

ref: issue 177 [1]

On July 8th, we adopted [2] Jonathan's proposal [3]. I have one editorial
issue with 177 implementation.

The types of the following properties in Part 3, SOAP Binding, are defined
using prose instead of wsdls:* types. I request the following property-type
associations,

{soap underlying protocol}  => wsdls:anyURI
SOAP Module.{uri}           => wsdls:anyURI
SOAP Module.{required}      => wsdls:boolean
{soap fault code}           => wsdls:QName
{soap fault subcodes}       => list of wsdls:QName
{soap mep}                  => wsdls:anyURI
{soap action}               => wsdls:anyURI

Rationale

(a) Consistent with Part 1 and HTTP Binding
(b) Otherwise, we will be using two similar types (xs:QName vs. wsdls:QName)
in the component model
(c) Equivalence in Part 1 is defined using wsdl simple types
(d) Part 3 is refuting Part 1 claim, "The component model uses a small set
of predefined simple types, such as boolean, string, token. In order to
avoid introducing a dependency on any particular serialization of the
component model, this specification provides its own definition of those
types" [5]

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#x177
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0109.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0258.html
[4]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?content-
type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#string_type
[5]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?content-
type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#simpletypes

Regards,
Asir S Vedamuthu
asirv at webmethods dot com
http://www.webmethods.com/