Issue 200

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 02:18:45 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org, public-ws-media-types@w3.org
Cc: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>

Issue 200 [1] states:
Where should the annotation appear, on the type and/or the element?

The current ed. draft [2] says that the annotation is expected to be
used with an element decl.

It seems to me that there are good reasons to allow it for a schema type
decl (for e.g. it may be the case that the annotation is applicable to
all element of a particular type) as well as a schema element decl (for
e.g. it may be the case that one may not have control over the decl of
the schema type).

I would like to suggest that we allow the annotation to be used in a
type decl as well as an element decl with the following condition:
if the annotation appears in both then the set of allowed values (for
'contentType' attribute) defined by the annotation in the element decl
must be a subset of allowed values defined by the annotation in the type
decl.

-Anish
--

[1]