W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2004

Agenda, 15 April 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:00:09 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA2034009AC@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Apr/0017.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Ingo Melzer, Jeff Mischkinsky, Bijan Parsia, Allen Brookes, 
      David Booth, Asir Vedamuthu, Glen Daniels, 
      Roberto Chinnici, Amy Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - April 8th telcon [.1].
  
[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0027.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
DONE [.2] 2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2004-01-08: Pauld to write up examples of schemas for the
                      Primer.
?         2004-01-28: Philippe and JMarsh will look at the ipr for 
                      test suite.
?         2004-02-12: DaveO to produce a refined proposal for Asynch 
                      HTTP binding addressing the concerns of folks 
                      that object to leaving replyTo info out of WSDL.
?         2004-03-25: Hugo to look at the Handling Privacy in WSDL 
                      2.0 for issues against our spec.
PENDING   2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-04-01: Editors to update SOAP 1.2 Strawman proposal to
                      take Part 1 changes into account.
DONE      2004-04-08: Hugo to let Marsh know if anyone hasn't been 
                      reappointed.
DONE [.3] 2004-04-08: Marsh to send response on Schema PER
?         2004-04-08: Editors: to incorporate Youenn's proposal [.2]
                      with Jacek's modifications 
                      (<http:support version="1.1"/>)
DONE [.4] 2004-04-08: Jacek to write up his view of the purpose of the 
                      bindings to be discussed further before 
                      deciding how to close issue x165.
DONE [.5] 2004-04-08: Jmarsh to contact the x56 commenter for further 
                      info. regarding this issue......desired 
                      solutions/still an issue etc.??
DONE [.6] 2004-04-08: Hugo to propose "spec-ready" text for hoisting the
                      Web method feature of SOAP for use in a 
                      non-SOAP binding.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0029.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2004AprJun/0
020.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0018.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0033.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0031.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Non-renewing members:  Ingo Melzer, Michael Mahan, Jim Hendler,
                            Bryan Thompson
  b. Upcoming FTFs
     - May 19, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
       May 20, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM 
         (possible task force meetings in the afternoon)
       May 21, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
       Hosted by IBM in NYC [.1]
       Registration open [.2]
     - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.3], registration [.4].
  c. Charter renewal - everyone needs to be reappointed [.5]
  d. WS-Reliability review [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-05-f2f.htm
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0405/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Feb/0033.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Apr/0014.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - Waiting for draft
 b. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
 c. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - HTTP Binding of faults (Hugo) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0032.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 165: Adding HTTPS support [.1]
  - Youenn suggests specific text about https: uris [.2]
  - See also issue 56 [.3] - proposal is to close it - it's a hard 
    thing to get right.
  - Jacek's "purpose of the binding" text [.4].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x165
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0011.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x56
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0018.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 64 [.1] Operations as HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.
  - Does the current draft [.6] with "method" attribute address this
    issue?  Not completely, Mark [.7] and DavidO [.8] reply.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html
[.6]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-bindings.
html#_http
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0002.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0004.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 54: Allow binding to any HTTP method [.1]
  - Is this a subset of issue 64?
  - DaveO's thoughts [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x54
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0017.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 55: Define binding to HTTP headers [.1]
  - Do we want such capability?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x55

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 164: Support for HTTP chunking and other HTTP options [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x164

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 147: HTTP binding uses static content-type header [.1]
  - "... we can today describe operations using messages 
    consisting in XHTML or SVG documents. Using the HTTP binding, 
    these messages will have the "application/xml" mime type 
    while it would be more appropriate to use more precise mime 
    types ("application/xhtml+xml" or "image/svg+xml" for
    instance). Therefore, it might be good to be able to set the 
    mime type to use for a given message, at least at the HTTP 
    binding level ..."

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x147

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Effort to simplify our spec.
  - DavidB [.1] and Jonathan [.2] have provided some data points.
  - Arthur's suggestion [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0162.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0006.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0028.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
Scheduled for future telcons
------------------------------------------------------------------
14.  SOAP 1.2 Binding
  - Review Jean-Jacques' schema [.1] outlining an overall approach to
    the binding.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0295.html
Received on Wednesday, 14 April 2004 14:01:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:30 GMT