W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2003

Agenda, 4 September 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:35:21 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA2FD7678@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0000.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Don Mullen (fallbacks: Sandeep Kumar, Prasad Yendluri, 
      Dietmar Gaertner, Kevin Liu, Roberto Chinnici, 
      Umit Yalcinalp, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjiva Weerawarana,
      Youenn Fablet, William Vambenepe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 24 telcon [.1].
  - July FTF [.2, .3, .4] and summary [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0139.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0010.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0011.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0012.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0013.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
DONE [.2] 2003-07-24: David Booth will prepare registration page for 
                      Sept F2F.
DONE [.3] 2003-07-24: David Booth will pose questions to Anne about 
                      URI vs QName. 
?         2003-07-30: Amy to generate proposal for fault rules.
DONE [.4] 2003-07-30: Editors to incorporate the first three Patterns 
                      TF recommendations into the draft.
?         2003-07-31: Philippe to make a proposal for fixing the 
                      HTTP binding.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34650/ws0309/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0136.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0002.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Sept FTF logistics [.1].  Registration [.2] closes Sept 7th!
     Draft agenda by next week.
  b. Joint W3C-OASIS tech plenary (Dec) update.
  c. January FTF.  Offer to host in Sri Lanka (Arch unlikely).  Other
     offers?
  d. March FTF.  Technical Plenary March 1-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/3/07/f2fSeptLogistics.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34650/ws0309/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns
 c. Attributes
 d. QA & Testing:  Web Services Validation Tools Open Source Project
[.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0016.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - 77, 78: patterns issues raised by editors [.2].
  - WSDL Versioning, R075, R119 [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0002.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0014.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Attributes
  - TF recommendations [.1]
  - Forward steps?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0002.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Proposal 
    from Umit [.3], response from Arthur [.4].
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].
  - Forward steps?

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/att-0024/umit_pr
oposal.html__charset_ISO-8859-1
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0142.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Patterns.  New draft [.1]
  - Issue 77: Is the "name" the correct [local name] for
              interface/operation/input/@name? [.2]
  - Issue 78: Should we define an implied name if there is only 
              one /input? [.3]
  - Awaiting fault generation rule update from Amy.
  - Choose specific patterns for the standard [.4]:
      1. TF recommendation: drop request-response and multicast-
         solicit-response patterns, as subsumed by others [.5].
      2. Sanjiva's proposal: drop any pattern not used in a
         normative binding in our spec.
      3. Tom's proposal: drop the "multi" patterns.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12-patterns.
xml
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
77
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
78
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0010.html
[.5]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/meps-vs-iops/rec
ommendations_clean.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Removing message.  New Draft [.1], schema [.2]
  - Changes to Appendix C (Arthur) [.3]
  - Review of Appendix E (Jacek?) [.4]
  - Editors have closed issue-eliminate-message, 33, 6c, 12, 74 [.5].
  - Editors recommend closure of the following issues [.5].
    * Issue 27: Remove 'style' attribute [.6] 
    * Issue 39: Binding extensions depend on structure of portType 
                [.7]
    * Issue 40: Binding extensions for SOAP interact in a complex 
                way [.8]
    * Issue 45: fault/@use should be optional [.9]
    * Issue 48: soap:body/@use should be optional [.10] 
    * Issue 63: soap binding violates separation of abstract and 
                concrete [.11]

[.1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml
[.2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xsd
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0008.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0017.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Aug/0004.html 
[.6]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
27
[.7]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
39
[.8]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
40
[.9]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
45
[.10]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
48
[.11]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
63

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Binding enhancements.  New draft [.1, .2]
  - Change @name from NCName to QName - not implemented?
  - Issue #2 addendum: Should we define a new binding element for 
                       default rule for wsoap:operation/@soapActionURI.
                       Proposal = interfaceTNS#operation-name.  Need
                       a separate issue number?
  - Unresolved proposal: Drop <soap:binding>: drop @protocol, change 
              <soap:address>: add @protocol.  Need to turn into an 
              issue?
  - Issue #80: Inappropriate name for binding component [.3].
  - Issue #81: Match between binding/@interface and 
               service/@interface should account for interface 
               inheritance. [.4]
  - Issue #82: Relax binding syntax constraints in favor of 
               semantic constraints [.5]
  - Issue #83: Specify interaction between binding extensions [.6]
  - Issue #84: Are SOAP header faults needed? [.7]
  - Issue #85: HTTP (non-SOAP) binding depends on message/part [.8]
               Philippe to make proposal.
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml#Bindi
ng
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml#Endpo
int
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x80
[.4]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x81
[.5]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x82
[.6]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x83
[.7]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x84
[.8]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x85

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Naming the service resource [.1, .2]
  - Latest discussion [.3, .4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0008.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0145.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0148.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
    Jacek's synthesis [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 3 September 2003 15:37:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:26 GMT