Re: proposal for faults

"Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com> writes:

> For the SOAP binding, it would be great to define the value of
> Fault/Code/Value, Fault/Code/Subcode/Value, Fault/Reason/Text as well as
> Fault/Detail. I can see a point of view that suggests we don't need to
> describe the human-readable Fault/Reason/Text, but the others are key to
> machine recognition of the specific fault. (Fault/Node and Fault/Role
> would be generated at runtime.)

Good point. It seems that the value of Fault/Node can be computed
based on the message reference? I mean whether its client or server
etc.. I don't know enough about Fault/Role to know how to compute
that or whether it has to be a SOAP-specific binding extension.

Are Fault/Code/* things that needs to be specified statically or
is it sufficient to get them off the wire dynamically? Same question
for Fault/Reason/*.

Sanjiva.