Re: proposal for faults

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:02:53 +0600
To: "Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com> writes:
> > I guess I could live with that. Infaults do seem rare, except when
> > you're writing down the conjugate of a in-out-with-fault operation.
>
> We need to be very careful about special-casing these core features of
> WSDL because we don't currently imagine how people will use them.
> Allowing description of only faults with direction output is an
> optimization that will be difficult to defend generally and is likely a
> mistake.

I agree we must not special case- what I was proposing fully supports
infaults too, but requires one to look at the messageRef value
to determine the fault direction. This, it is definitely *not*
"allowing description of only faults with direction output". I
agree with you 100% that we must support description of infaults
and what I proposed (and Roberto can live with) supports that.

Sorry for being unclear.