W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2003

Agenda for 29 January 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:07:28 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C092AB124@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0038.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Sandeep Kumar, Sanjiva Weerawarana, 
      Jeff Mischkinsky, Waqar Sadiq)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Jan 16 telcon [.1]
    Approval of minutes of the FTF [.2, .3, .4] and the summary [.5]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/att-0040/01-minu
tes-20030116.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0105.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0106.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0107.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0108.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
PENDING   2002-11-21: Jonathan to refer R120 text to TAG, referencing
TAG
                      issue fragmentinXML-28, when that text appears in 
                      the draft. 
?         2002-12-19: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response  MEP after

                      Don send his proposal for request/response MEP  
DONE [.2] 2003-01-09: Editors to have a draft ready a week from
tomorrow. 
DONE [.3] 2003-01-09: Gudge and sanjiva to prepare in time for the f2f 
                      a draft of the abstract model for interactions. 
DONE [.4] 2003-01-16: Roberto to provide discussion outline for f2f 
?         2003-01-16: Sanjiva to explain why naming faults is
unnecessary 
RETIRED   2003-01-16: Don to write up input-output MEP 
DONE [.5] 2003-01-16: Amy to write up output-input MEP
DONE [.6] 2003-01-16: Amy will try to get something out by tomorrow
(Friday)
                      on what the collection of issues are. 
?         2003-01-20: Glen, Amy, Youenn, Sanjiva, JJM to form a TF on 
                      comparing the features/properties and existing 
                      extensibility mechanisms, to illustrate 
                      feature/property rationale, use cases, and
examples.
DONE [.7] 2003-01-21: Gudge write up this proposal for operation naming 
                      by next week.
?         2003-01-21: Umit to send Gudge and Roberto a knarly XML 
                      Schema type example.
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up 
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type 
                      systems directly from operation components. 
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1 
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-01-21: Issues list maintainer to check that we have an 
                      issue regarding being able to specify the verb on 
                      a per operation basis.
?         2003-01-21: Prasad to raise issue of same namespace imports
with 
                      WS-I BP.
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: Jeffrey to rephrase requirements R118, R058, and 
                      point out reqs that seem to specify a design an
                      propose rewording.
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#1: Jeffrey to document as a non-requirement.
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#3: Jeffrey to add requirement (suitably
worded).
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#4: Jeffrey to add this requirement.
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#5: Jeffrey to reword req 5 and DaveO to review
it
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#6: Jonathan to add this on our cut list and
wait 
                      for william.
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#7: Jeffrey to add this reworded req. (?)
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#9: Jeffrey to add the reworded requirement
                      "Description language must or should provide for 
                      description of optional content."
DONE [.8] 2003-01-22: DO#10: Jeffrey to propose wording for requirement
                      related to a portReference construct.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0098.html 
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/att-0043/01-inte
raction-patterns-jan-18-2003.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0066.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0035.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0033.html 
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0078.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0113.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Register for March FTF [.1]
  b. Usage Scenarios revitalization.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0003.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
- none?

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
6.  Operation name uniqueness.  Gudge's draft [.1].

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml?rev=1
.37.2.1&content-type=text/xml

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
7.  MEPs
7a. Can we close issue-extensible-message-exchange-patterns? [.1]
7b. Amy's comments on asynchronicity [.2]
7c. "From the point of view of the service" [.3]
7d. Youenn's syntax proposal [.4]
7e. reverse of out-(in|fault)* [.5]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
xissue%20extensible%20message%20exchange%20patterns
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0080.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0112.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0100.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0101.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Requirements [.1].  FTF resolutions [.2]
8a. DRAFT R129 "The description language SHOULD allow specifying 
    the MIME media type of message content."
8b. DRAFT R130 "The WG SHOULD define components that may be used
    within Messages to refer to other WSDL components."
8c. Issue 71? [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-desc-re
qs.xml
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0113.html
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.xml#x
71

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9.  Properties and features.  Summary at [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0033.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Removing message.  Roberto's proposal at [.1].

Waiting revised proposal from Roberto.  Direction suggested by Dale [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [.1].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [.2].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 29 January 2003 10:08:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT