RE: Minutes: 22 Jan 2003 WS Description FTF

FWIW, here is my summary of the requirements-related actions from our
face-to-face discussion on the morning of 22 Jan.

Reword R118 to "The description language SHOULD provide for reuse of a
group of Interfaces."
[Done]

Reword R058 to avoid specifying a design.
[Reworded to "The description language SHOULD provide for extension of a
group of Interfaces."]

Retain non-requirements.
[Preserved in XML but not displayed by current style sheet.]

Include as a non-requirement R126: "The description language SHOULD
provide for validation of WSD documents that are entirely abstract and
MUST not contain non-abstract information and provide for validation of
WSD documents that are entirely concrete and MUST not contain abstract
information."
[Done]

Add new requirement re: using Schema (or comparable) to describe message
content.
[Added R127 "Message definitions MUST describe constraints on Message
content using a machine-readable type-description language such as XML
Schema."]

Add new requirement re: constraints on service location URIs.
Add new requirement re: message "parts" in the SOAP Body and/or in
service location URI.
[Added R128 "InterfaceBindings SHOULD provide for mapping Message
content to service location URIs."]

Suggest wording for requirement to be able to specify MIME types.
[Added DRAFT R129 "The description language SHOULD allow specifying the
MIME media type of message content."]

Remove R110
[Done]

Identify existing (or open new) issue re: optional parts with HTTP URL
replacement.
[Opened Issue 71.]

Add new requirement re: optional message content.
[Added R130 "The description language SHOULD allow describing messages
with optional content.]

Suggest wording for requirement to define a construct to use within a
message to reference WSDL constructs.
[Added DRAFT R130 "The WG SHOULD define components that may be used
within Messages to refer to other WSDL components."]

--Jeff