W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2003

Agenda for 27 February 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:30:21 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C09854AA9@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Feb/0031.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Jeff Mischkinsky (fallbacks Waqar Sadiq, Dietmar Gaertner, 
      Bill Stumbo, Prasad Yendluri, Amy Lewis, Erik Ackerman, 
      Steve White, Umit Yalcnalp, Steve Graham, Steve Tuecke)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Feb 13 telcon [.1], Feb 20 telcon [.2]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/att-0048/01-2003
-02-13-ws-desc.html 
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/att-0074/01-2-20
-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-01-30: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response  MEP after
                      Gudge and Jeffrey send their proposal for
                      request/response MEP.
?         2003-02-13: Arthur to propose improvements to the URL 
                      replacement mechanism.
?         2003-02-13: Philippe to re-do HTTP bindings to allow 
                      per-method operation names etc.  Arthur to
                      assist.
?         2003-02-20: Jonathan to dig up the history on 
                      one-portType-per-service issue. 
?         2003-02-20: Philippe to write up list of proposed renamings.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Republishing Part 1.  Vote to approve [.1, .2] as a public 
     Working Draft.  Changes listed at [.3].
  b. March FTF [.4]: Current registration [.5].
  c. FTF agenda [.6].
  e. Properties & Features Task Force
  f. Usage Scenarios [.7].  Jonathan's still tracking this.
  g. www-ws mailing list and BOF [.8] (members only)
  h. No telcon next week (March 6th)

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml?rev=1
.51&content-type=text/xml
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.html?rev=
1.22&content-type=text/html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0046.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/10/allgroupoverview/ 
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2003/01/TPMar2003/regByGroup#WSD
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0092.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0054.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Feb/0032.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
    - XMLP WG thinks we should describe attachments [.2] (members only)

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Feb/0033.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  One porttype per service.  JMarsh has an action to find the history 
    of this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Fault naming.  Paco suggests eliminating fault names [.1].  Some
    support at [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0045.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0047.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original 
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9.  Properties and features.  Summary at [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0033.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41, etc.)
    Big question: how much do we want to work on this [.1].
    Jeffrey's summary and recommendations (no change) [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0025.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Do we still have "hard" dependencies?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

- Jonathan
Received on Monday, 24 February 2003 18:30:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT