W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2003

Agenda for 13 February 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:39:13 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C095AE004@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Sanjiva Weerawarana (fallbacks Jeff Mischkinsky, Waqar Sadiq, 
      Dietmar Gaertner, Bill Stumbo, Prasad Yendluri, Dale Moberg, 
      Amy Lewis, Erik Ackerman, Steve White, Umit Yalcnalp, 
      Steve Graham, Steve Tuecke)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Feb 6 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/att-0023/01-minu
tes_telcon_20030206.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
DONE [.2] 2003-01-16: Sanjiva to explain why naming faults is
                      unnecessary
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-01-30: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response  MEP after
                      Gudge and Jeffrey send their proposal for
                      request/response MEP.
?         2003-01-30: Gudge to check that we have an issue regarding 
                      being able to specify the verb on a per 
                      operation basis.
?         2003-02-06: Jeffrey to synchronize the definitions by 
                      referencing the terms in the glossary.
DONE [.3] 2003-02-06: Jonathan to send a summary about HTTP binding
                      issues.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0045.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0025.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Register for March FTF [.1].  Agenda for Plenary session now
     available [.2].
  b. Properties & Features Task Force administration
     - mailing list set up (public-ws-pnf-tf@w3.org)
     - Regular telcons on Tuesdays 11AM EST.
  c. Usage Scenarios [.3]
  d. Requiring IRC for remote FTF participation.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0003.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2003/03/TechPlenAgenda.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0054.html
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New (Old) Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
    - wsdl 1.1 schema bugs [.2]
    - Support for application protocols [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0024.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
6.  Operation name uniqueness.  Gudge's draft [.1].  Sanjiva's comments,
    thread starts at [.2].  Last week we decided to vote on the change
    this week.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.html?rev=
1.18.2.1&content-type=text/html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0127.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41, etc.)
    Big question: how much do we want to work on this [.1].
    Jeffrey's summary and recommendations (no change) [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0025.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original 
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Context proposal from Sanjiva [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0063.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Fault naming.  Paco suggests eliminating fault names [.1].  Some
    support at [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0045.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0047.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Do we still have "hard" dependencies?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
12. Properties and features.  Summary at [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0033.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 12 February 2003 14:39:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT