Re: HTML version of operation name proposal

Hi Gudge,

I have some questions in trying to understand your proposal. They
are centered around how this works with inheritance and the other
on language binding.

Consider the following case (using pseudo syntax which I hope clear
enough to all):

WSDL document 1:
    namespace = nsuri-1;
    portType pt1 {
        operation o1;
        operation o2;
    }

WSDL document 2:
    namespace = nsuri-2;
    portType pt2 extends {nsuri-1}pt1 {
        operation o3;
    }

Now, what are the operations available in {nsuri-2}pt2? Can you
please indicate both the name and targetnamespace properties of
each of the operations?

Also consider another WSDL document:

WSDL document 3:
    namespace = nsuri-3;
    portType pt3 extends {nsuri-1}pt1 {
        operation o1;
    }

Is this legal? What are the constraints on what can be in the o1
definition in pt3 (if any)?

If legal, what are the values of the TNS and name properties of
all the operations available via pt3?

Finally, how does all this look when bound to a language (like
Java)? I'd like to understand how the targetnamespace properties
of an operation name will be represented in the language binding.
Yes, I know we don't do language binding, but someone does.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.