proposal for restricting a service to a single interface

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:39:36 -0400
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Following up on the action item I have, I'd like to propose
the following:

- Require all <port>s within a <service> element to implement
  exactly the same interface. Thus, each <port> is an alternate
  implementation of the same interface.
- The interface will be indicated with a new attribute:
    <service interface="qname"> ... </service>
- As with any interface in WSDL 1.2, this interface could
  have extended any number of other interfaces.

I will soon send the updated binding proposal which takes this
into account to dramatically simplify the binding stuff. If
this doesn't get accepted then I'll re-do the binding proposal.

Sanjiva.