W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2002

Agenda for 26 Sept 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:31:56 -0700
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C07B43D25@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dial in information (members only) [0]:

[0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Sep/0040.html

See the public WG page [1] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [2] for administrative matters. 

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallback Don Wright, Prasad Yendluri,
      Barbara Zengler, Glen Daniels, Youenn Fablet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Sept 19 telcon [3]

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0077.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items.
?        2002-07-21: Don Mullen to write up an issue on making the 
                     transport attribute match the SOAP binding 
                     framework.
?        2002-09-09: Sanjiva to redo part 3.2 of his binding proposal.
?        2002-09-09: Gudge to check whether there is already an issue
                     against Part 2: can you define different 
                     encodingStyles for different children of 
                     soap:Body (message parts).
?        2002-09-10: Steve, William, Arthur, Gudge, Joyce to produce a
                     proposal for portType extensibility.  Reword: Steve
                     and Gudge to write up the portType extensibility
                     proposal.
?        2002-09-10: Sanjiva to produce a proposal for equivalence of 
                     (at least) top-level components in the next couple 
                     of weeks.
?        2002-09-10: Gudge; jeffsch; roberto et al to write proposal 
                     [to remove message and replace with complexType.] 
?        2002-09-10: Gudge to provide summary of using xml schema to 
                     wrap other type systems at an appropriate level 
                     of abstraction.
?        2002-09-11: Sanjiva to describe out/out-in for pub-sub. [I
                     think this should be pub-sub _without_ out/out-in.]
?        2002-09-11: Jeffrey and Don define TCP binding.
?        2002-09-19: Joyce, Sandeep, Igor, Steve T, Sanjiva, Adi, 
                     Roberto, Amy to form a task force to prepare
                     presenation about adding pub/sub in a first 
                     class manner to WSDL 1.2.
?        2002-09-19: Sanjiva to write a Java binding.
?        2002-09-19: Glen to draft SOAP last call comment on why
                     SOAPAction is not a "feature", and request the
                     ability to set arbitrary mime headers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  FTF planning:
    Nov: Registration [4] is open until October 11. Current registration
list [5].
    Jan FTF.
    Tech plenary March 3-7 in Boston, we could meet 3-4 or 6-7.

[4]
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_20
0211
[5]
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_special=listRegistrants&_w
3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_200211

--------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Arch harvesting of WSDL [6].  Need reviewers.

[6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jul/0349.html

Continued from last week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.   Requirements [7]
     Need to finish up and publish again.

[7]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-desc-re
qs.html#binddesc

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  New Issues
  (none)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Rationale for Dropping the <soap:body use=...> Attribute [8]

[8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0054.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  BindingType proposal from Kevin [9].
    Response from Jacek [10].

[9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0043.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
10. A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL [11].
    Glen Daniels

[11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [12].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [13].  Jacek's addendum at [14].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[12] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 28: transport='uri' [15]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[15] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [16].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [17].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [18], Roberto's options at [19].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 25 September 2002 14:32:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:21 GMT