W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > November 2002

Minutes: 31 Oct 2002 WS Description WG

From: Allen Brookes <abrookes@roguewave.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:08:32 -0800
Message-ID: <F888C30C3021D411B9DA00B0D0209BE8021FB673@cvo-exchange.cvo.roguewave.com>
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Web Services Description Working Group 2002-10-31 meeting minutes 
Present:
 David Booth            W3C
 Allen Brookes          Rogue Wave Software
 Roberto Chinnici       Sun Microsystems
 Glen Daniels           Macromedia
 Youenn Fablet          Canon
 Dietmar Gaertner       Software AG
 Sandeep Kumar          Cisco Systems
 Philippe Le Hégaret    W3C
 Amelia Lewis           TIBCO
 Steve Lind             AT&T
 Jonathan Marsh         Chair (Microsoft)
 Dale Moberg            Cyclone Commerce
 Don Mullen             Tibco
 Arthur Ryman           IBM
 Waqar Sadiq            Electronic Data Systems
 Jeffrey Schlimmer      Microsoft
 Igor Sedukhin          Computer Associates
 William Stumbo         Xerox
 Jerry Thrasher         Lexmark
 Steve Tuecke           Global Grid Forum
 William Vambenepe      Hewlett-Packard
 Sanjiva Weerawarana    IBM
 Joyce Yang             Oracle
 Prasad Yendluri        webMethods, Inc.

Regrets:
 Steve Graham           Global Grid Forum
 Martin Gudgin          Microsoft
 Tom Jordahl            Macromedia
 Jacek Kopecky          Systinet
 Jean-Jacques Moreau    Canon
 Don Wright             Lexmark
 Barbara Zengler        DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology

Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0150.html
1. Assign scribe. 
2. Approval of minutes of Oct 24 telcon
3. Review of Action items. 
4. FTF preparations. 
5. Requirements doc published
6. New Issues 
7. Importing Schema into WSDL
8. Identification of a Service 
9. Modest proposal
10. A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL 
11. Rationale for dropping the <soap:body use=...> attribute
12. BindingType proposal from Kevin
13. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 
14. Issue 28: transport='uri'
15. HTTP Binding Issues 
16. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
1. Assign scribe Amy Lewis (TIBCO/Extensibility)
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2. Approval of minutes of 24 Oct telcon Approved
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
3. Review of action items 
Sanjiva proposal for equivalence of top-level components: done
sanjiva action item:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0151.html
Gudge, roll port typ inheritance into main branch: done
Roberto to see how this might affect the feature proposal: drop
JMarsh provide document ready for publication: done
Sanjiva to act as issues editor: done
DBooth to discuss scenarios for embed/import of shcemas in primer: done
Philippe - new policy on IP disclosures
[[ Q.What happens if a participant makes a patent license commitment that
offers to license on Royalty-Free terms following the CPP, but attaches
modifications to the licensing conditions? ]]
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
4. F2F Preparations
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
5. Requirements doc published
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
6. 
New Issue: is "extends" attribute optional?
Wait another week to discuss (7) Importing Schema into WSDL, perhaps wait to
f2f
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
7. Importing schema into WSDL
Wait another week to discuss  Importing Schema into WSDL, perhaps wait to
f2f
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
8. Identification of a service / Arthur's identification proposal 
Are we supposed to be defining a new media type or not?  David Orchard's
comments imply that we are not but Phillipe remembers that we are and will
look for document that says this.
 Jonathan - we should look at Schemas normalized unique namespaces note to
see if this solves our service identification issues.
Action: Arthur will redo proposal to get rid of urn:, also look at XPointer
framework.
Action: Jonathan will look at normalized unique namespaces.
Action: Phillipe will follow up on what we must do about a media type.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9. Modest proposal
Decision: editors will add statement to WSDL spec along the lines of 2a in
DBooths proposal from (9).
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
10 .A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL 
Tibco SOAP email binding document in (10) informational only, we don't need
to act on it.  Discussion on Amy's proposal, will continue on email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
11 - 16 (see above) These items were not discussed. 
Received on Friday, 1 November 2002 17:11:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:21 GMT