A WSDL media type and the TAG

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:37:23 -0500
To: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:47:02AM -0800, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by the WSD WG is checking with the TAG.
>
> We plan to look at TAG findings relating to this issue, is all.

Okey doke, then allow me to point you in the right direction;

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime

Quoting the important bit;

"W3C Working Groups engaged in defining a language SHOULD arrange for
the registration of an Internet Media Type (defined in RFC 2046
[RFC2046]) for that language;[...]"

This finding defines a new process that working groups should follow
too, that is *substantially* different than in the past.  The XMLP WG
will be the guinea pigs for this new approach, I believe ... unless
they delay much longer 8-/.

MB
--
Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com