Resource definition

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:30:40 -0500
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: "'Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)'" <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Dave,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:59:09PM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> 1. The W3C TAG should darned well write up what a resource is from a web
> architecture perspective.

Doesn't this count?

  "A resource is defined by [RFC2396] to be anything that has identity."
   -- http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#identification

Or did you want something more specific than a punt to 2396?
Personally, I'm quite happy with the punt.

> 2. The WS-Arch group ought to relate a service to a resource *somehow*

I'd suggest that;

"All Web services have identity, and are therefore resources."

is as far as we can go with that, at least until the definition of what
a Web service is, is figured out.  The current one is still very fuzzy,
IMO.