RE: Resource definition

James

I think I agree, but here are a few more questions ...

When you say a "The *protocol* that defines how to flip the switch *is* a
resource", what exactly are you referring to, for example? Is it:
1. The specification that describes the behavior of the protocol and the
structure of the messages it contains, or
2. The execution of an instance of the protocol, or
3. The representation of the information used to flip the switch (i.e. the
message)

I think only the first one is a resource.

The reason I ask is that you can draw analogies with what happens in a B2B
communication where an order, for example, is sent from a buyer to a seller.
Sending this message changes the state at the seller in the same as
"flipping the switch".

Also is the order a resource? In which case where does the resource reside
at the buyer, at the seller or at both. If it's at both is it the same
resource. Alternatively is the order just the message and therefore not a
resource.

Thoughts?

David