Re: Architectural Roles document updated

At 03:26 PM 2/13/2003 +0100, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
> From the (contorted) shape of the "publishing" arrow, it looks like
> publishing is a difficult process. In contrast, the act of "finding"
> seems rather straightfoward. My own experience suggests the opposite: I
> can easily publish a new Web page; but I harldy ever press the "I feel
> lucky" button on Google. Probably a minor point; but since you've taken
> great care to draw the arrows very differently, I thought I should bring
> this to your attention.

Interesting observation.  I guess that would be another way of interpreting
the arrows.  Hopefully the accompanying text sufficiently clarifies the
intended meaning.

>Also, IMO, the word "agent" is too overloaded and has bad connotations in
>certain circles. For example, I can't help but think your "Discovery
>Agent" is a mobile agent (as inconsciously implied by the moving arrows),
>which is not what you mean. But you've probably eagerly discussed and
>agreed on the term.

Well, we've certainly thought about it, and "agent" seemed to be the best
term I could find so far.  Any suggestions for a better one?

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard