Re: OWL translations: French, Japanese, Korean... wow!

At 21:19 +0100 5/8/04, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Dan Brickley wrote:
>>  I would be happy to also add OWL's namespace text into this, so that
>>  translators do OWL too. However, OWL http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl
>>has only labels, not comments. Are there non-controversial short
>>pieces
>>  of text that we could add into this namespace and its translations, for
>>  each OWL class, property, etc?
>>

>IIRC the answer is "no". rdfs:comment *is* controversial in this
>working group, which is why we deleted them. (Since it is not
>controversial in the RDF Core WG, you can tell that I and some
>others are not the source of the issues). I guess I should try and
>find some messages in the archive, how about a beer in NY instead?
>
>Jeremy

I think rdfs:comment became less controversial when we invented
annotation properties - would anyone who onjected to comments before
still object?  I have had several people ask me about comments in the
namespace document, and I wonder if this wouldn't now be an easy
thing to do ... JH

--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)