Re: OWL translations: French, Japanese, Korean... wow!

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>> I would be happy to also add OWL's namespace text into this, so that
>> translators do OWL too. However, OWL http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl has
>> only labels, not comments. Are there non-controversial short pieces
>> of text that we could add into this namespace and its translations, for
>> each OWL class, property, etc?
>>

> IIRC the answer is "no". rdfs:comment *is* controversial in this working
> group, which is why we deleted them. (Since it is not controversial in
> the RDF Core WG, you can tell that I and some others are not the source
> of the issues). I guess I should try and find some messages in the
> archive, how about a beer in NY instead?

Heh, I wondered if this was the issue. Since the Webont WG seems to
believe rdfs:comment statements don't carry meaning, I suppose the group
wouldn't mind other folks making some (hopefully modest) rdfs:comment
statements about OWL terms, using sentences from the OWL specs? We could
then get these meaningless comments translated into other languages
alongside the RDFCore terms...

A beer in NY sounds great; sadly I can't make the trip any more. See
some of you at ESWS this week though.

cheers,

Dan