Re: OWL translations: French, Japanese, Korean... wow!

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 21:19:24 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

Dan Brickley wrote:
> I would be happy to also add OWL's namespace text into this, so that
> translators do OWL too. However, OWL http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl
> has only labels, not comments. Are there non-controversial short pieces
> of text that we could add into this namespace and its translations, for
> each OWL class, property, etc?

IIRC the answer is "no". rdfs:comment *is* controversial in this working
group, which is why we deleted them. (Since it is not controversial in
the RDF Core WG, you can tell that I and some others are not the source
of the issues). I guess I should try and find some messages in the
archive, how about a beer in NY instead?

Jeremy