Re: OWL translations: French, Japanese, Korean... wow!

>Pat Hayes wrote:
>Indeed. And if anyone ever hears of a Spanish version, please let us
>know about it ASAP.
>
>Pat
>
>Hi Pat,

Thanks for getting back to me.

>Sidar's translators group [1] are slowly working on translations of
>the RDF and OWL specs, but unfortunately at the moment the people
>involved are few and busy. Currently we're working on the RDF
>Primer, but there are others working on OWL.
>
>A short note explaining who would use it

The comment arose from a trip I took a few weeks ago to Medellin,
Colombia, where there was a lot of interest expressed about the SWeb
(they invited me there to talk about it) and a lot of enthusiastic
young techies, but clearly the lack of anything readable by most
students is a major barrier for the folk there. In general, we have
here in Florida many contacts in Latin America, visitors from there
(mostly Colombia and Costa Rica) and a lot of the software we write
gets used there, so visibility in Spanish (and Portugese, to a lesser
extent) is always of interest to us.

>  (and even better a little aid in taking on a part of the translation)

I would volunteer, but my linguistic skills are worse than useless. I
will make discreet enquiries among my acquaintances to see if anyone
can help.

>may help to motivate the work. One of the difficulties is that most
>of the people there are not RDF experts, which makes it difficult to
>translate the specs. (On the other hand it means a few people
>learn... :-)

:-)

Pat

>cheers
>
>Chaals (not normally on this list - thanks to danbri for bringing
>this to my attention).
>
>[1] http://www.sidar.org/recur/desdi/traduc/index.php
>
>--
>Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell