rdf:List

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 23:08:26 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

The RDF Core group is discussing a late last call comment from a developer
which proposes that triples of the form
_:x rdf:type rdf:List .
should not be produced by the
  rdf:parseType="Collection"
construct, but that it should only produce rdf:first and rdf:rest triples.
[1][2]

I and Dave Beckett have opposed, on the grounds this construct was put in for
OWL, (based on daml:collection) and this is what webont asked for.

Peter, at my invitation, has indicated he would oppose this change. [3]

However, RDF Core is deadlocked, so I have indicated that I am willing to
shift my oppose to an abstain if I do not get strong support from WebOnt
before the next RDF Core meeting (Friday 9th).

Comments?

Jeremy

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#timbl-03
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0586.html